Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Amici per sempre Oct 4 ,2010

Oct 4rdAmici per sempre!

As Delhi gears up for the opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games in a few hours and the Delhi Government almost barricades everyone inside their houses; I sit here in my second home aka favorite cafĂ© – Amici at Khan Market.

As my coffee cravings hit the roof today morning so did my blood pressure when I heard that almost everything in this city would be shut today thanks to the Opening Ceremony. Anyways, I took a chance and sent a token of thanks to the Lord Almighty when I discovered that in spite of most of the markets being closed today Amici was still open! (I don’t care how or why. All I care about is my coffee!).So as I savor my cup of coffee I think of how important this coffee shop is to my life. It is one of the few places in Delhi that combine good coffee, a designated smoking area and a pleasing ambience. Its owner Andrea and his father Francesco have become good friends and the four of us (including my sister Sohinie) often indulge in long, ‘intellectual’ discussions over countless cups of coffee.

I guess all of us need a place where we can unwind. Be it a coffee shop, a park or even a busy crossroad. Amici is definitely that ‘place’ for me. As for you readers, do check out the place for its yummylicious food. The pizzas are to die for! J

No comments:

Post a Comment